Hello everybody, Fario here!!! October is finally here, and already I see people starting their Inktober challenges and some other special plans for the month!
So how was the first month of the school year (for a good chunk of us here at least)? Mine was ehhh, but last week was pretty unexpected... I ended up getting sick for most of the week . I wasn't able to go to school for three days, so I got a lot of stuff to catch up on.
Oh well, now that I'm feeling much better, I'm up for the probably-long-awaited results!! I'm glad to see there was some attendance this month
Last theme was Sporty!
♣ 3rd Place Winner ♣
This character is pretty cute and has a soft color palette!
♠ 2nd Place Winner ♠
Liking the contrast of the hair compared to the rest of the character! The eye animation was also nice
♥ 1st Place Winner ♥
I love the setting of this piece! Not only is it unique being a screenshot of a picture being taken, the sunset lighting goes well with the volleyball activity.
You guys did pretty good! Although picking 2nd and 3rd place was kinda hard to choose between since they look very similiar to each other haha... okay, so Confuzzled will get 15 , Daisy will get 10 , and Dcggy with 5 .
I'm hoping you guys (and maybe more people?) will join this month's...
Fantage Fair Competition # 43 - GOTHIC HALLOWEEN
Due Date: Saturday, October 28th, 2017
Obviously this month just had to be Halloween-related, but y'all know I like to be a bit more specific/creative with even the most obvious themes xD
I was really tempted to do something death-related since this is the 44th FFC (4 is an unlucky number in some Eastern countries) and that Disney-Pixar's new movie Coco is Day of the Dead related (the holiday starts on Halloween), but I realized there's not that many Gothic/goth related Fantage art in this place, so why not?!
Besides, one of my favorite middle-school books was this one book from the Poison Apple series called "The Ghoul Next Door", which has a Gothic Halloween party in it. I thought that would be a great idea to see around here lol
So this theme is essentially Halloween, but with the Gothic fashion mixed in ^__^
Not confusing this with the medieval artstyle, it's all your dark, mostly-black, maybe morbid, maybe regal fashion mixed in with everyone's favorite candy-related holiday. Of course, you can pick your usual Halloween ideas, but they should have a Gothic flair to it... if that makes any sense haha
So yes, you can do stuff like Gothic skeletons or Gothic witches as well as a Halloween-inspired Gothic Lolita if you guys really want xD
✪ This Month's Suggested Idea: ARISTOCRAT ✪
Now WHAT is this?! This was something I happened to discover while finding inspiration for this month's theme!
Apparently, a lot of Fantagians (including myself of course) seem to like Japan and their street fashion! Considering that FantageCustoms (a popular Fantage deviant group for those familiar... wow I feel old) has made a Harajuku fashion theme and a Mori Gal theme for their contests, why not bring up some nostalgia and pick something related to those two?!
So this is aristocrat street fashion-- according to Wikipedia, it counts as part of goth subculture (so it counts) and consists of something around Middle Age and/or 19th century clothing... click here for more info!
Here's a small picture for reference...
Image source: F Yeah Lolita (This site also has more to say about aristocrat fashion if you want even more info!)
So maybe use a aristocrat flair to your Halloween idea if you want?
Reminder: Suggested Ideas are optional and you don't have to do them. They're here just for inspiration's sake.
✪ Inspirational Art Features ✪
Note: These art features apply to the overall theme, not necessarily/just the Monthly Suggested Idea.
1. Please make sure your contest entry follows the theme of the Fantage Fair Competition.
2. If your contest entry uses items made by someone else, please credit them. If you did not credit them, I will remind you to do so; if you deny having used others' items when it's clear that you have, your entry will be disqualified.
3. If your contest entry uses items made by someone else who does not allow them to be used for profits/in contests, then I will remind you to change your entry so that they are not present in there anymore; if you do not change it, your entry will be disqualified.
4. Please submit your entry before either the due date or when I start judging; otherwise I will not count it.
5. Please submit your entry into the "Current Fantage Fair Competition Entries" folder in our group's gallery or I will not notice/count it. I will usually remind you to put it there if it has not been there already.
6. Unless the competition allows collab/group work, please make your entry by yourself. Don't bribe anyone to do it for you, unless you need help animating it or making a preview.
7. Entries have to be Fantage-related, no matter what type of medium or art is used.
8. Please don't bash others with mean comments about their entries, they may be offended! If you want to point out something you don't like about their entry, please make sure your comment is constructive criticism.
9. If you have questions, please ask! I may forget to add things. And don't worry, I won't bash you, there's really no such thing as a dumb question.
10. Enjoy and have fun!
1st place - 15
2nd place - 10
3rd place - 5
Yo I missed the User Inspired event... I know I complain about these but I kinda wished I saw what it had.
So I checked it out here and the costumes don't look half bad (except for one pair, but I think Fantage does that one purpose like they always do). Let's just hope no one stole any of the designs just to make sure they won (considering the Fantage community, sadly)...
So we all know Fantage might do a half-assed Halloween event like they have for the last 2 years... despite this, what do you think they'll do?
And if you don't care about Fantage, well uh.......
I got nothing else to say leave me alone